2012 WFE Cost & Revenue Survey
- For the first time since 2001, total revenues decreased (-10%) to USD 28 bn. All the types of exchanges and all the regions were affected.
- Trading revenues from both cash and derivative markets declined following the drop in volumes.
- Total costs also decreased (-5%) but to a lesser extent.
- Profitability then decreased sharply:
- Net income was down 25% at USD 9 billion
- Average net profit margin was 32% (against 39% in 2011)
- Nevertheless this increase was partly due to exceptional items:
- EBITDA decrease was less pronounced (-15%) than Net Income.